Server Component Post-Installation Steps - Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP Only
If you have installed the Server component, you will need to do some post-installation steps
if your operating system is Windows 2003 or Windows XP. These steps will set the Application Configuration to the
supported operating systems
should not require these steps.
The instructions are generally the same for both Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP except for a few noted exceptions.
*First, open the IIS Manager Console. Right click on the OSM web application, and left click on properties.
- On the Virtual Directory tab click the "Configuration…" button.
- Then on the "Application Configuration" window, click the "Insert…" button if you are using Windows Server 2003, or the "Add" button if using Windows XP.
- On the "Add/Edit Application Extension Mapping" dialog, click the Browse button, and browse to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319. Select the 'aspnet_isapi.dll' library. Click the Open button.
- Next, uncheck the "Verify that file exists" option. For Windows XP, also put a ".*" in the
Extension: text box (Note: If the OK button is grayed out, click back in the
Executable: text box.)
- Click OK, then click OK on the remaining two open dialog windows.