ArcGIS Editor for OpenStreetMap on Arcopole french web site

Jul 6, 2013 at 7:31 AM
I am pleased to announce the launch of a dedicated space for "Editor For OpenStreetMap Argis" toolbox on the French forum Arcopole.
Forum Arcopole
This approach concretizes the discussions we have had for over a year with Christine and part of a partnership between ESRI France and the OpenStreetMap France association.

This forum is dedicated to the use of the "Editor For OpenStreetMap Argis" toolbox, to share and post issues related to the use of OpenStreetMap data in ArcGIS. It's not intended to answer questions on OpenStreetMap data and their qualification as a wiki and mailing list are available for it.

The philosophy of OpenStreetMap, a brief overview of tools and documentation will be available later on the Template's page. We will add a link to your site to download the toolkit.
Blog Arcopole

Users can ask questions abaout the use of tools, about creating automatic script, about projects or requests to improve the toolkit that we will send to you.

I hope this initiative interests you and it marks the beginning of something stronger between ESRI and OpenStreetMap.
Coordinator
Jul 8, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Hello Tony,
Thanks for working so hard on this, and sharing the good news about the dedicated site! One thing to know - we've moved this project development to GitHub; the latest development, release information, and documentation will be going there. See https://github.com/Esri/geoportal-server. We will continue to respond to questions and ideas on this Codeplex site until users understand the move to GitHub.

The great thing about GitHub is that its easy for users to create a copy of the codebase and directly contribute improvements back to our team, by forking the code. We're looking forward to a closer integration wtih our user community as they'll have clear workflows for contributing back to the ArcGIS Editor for OpenStreetMap project!

I'm at the Esri User Conference in San Diego this week; if you or your colleagues are here, come find us at the ArcGIS Editor for OpenStreetMap table in the Mapping & Visualization area in the Esri Showcase.

Warm Regards,

Christine