Can't upload data... username and password not displaying

Jun 17, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Hello,

I recently installed the ArcGIS OSM Editor v2.1 with my local installation of ArcGIS 10.1 (Windows 7, 64bit). After digitizing a few roads, I tried uploading the data back to the OSM servers. I opened the Upload OSM Data tool, but under the OSM login credentials heading, there are no text boxes for adding my OSM username and password... just blank space. I then get an error that my login credentials are required if I attempt to run the tool.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks.

JL
Coordinator
Jun 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM
hello Jesse,
This is not a known issue - the fields for the username and credentials should show. How do you access the tool - by opening the catalog window in ArcMap, expanding the Toolboxes, expanding the 'System toolboxes', and then using the tool from the OpenStreetMap Toolbox there? If not, will you try by using the tools from that location?

Also, will you verify if you have the ArcGIS 10.1 for Desktop—Background Geoprocessing (64-bit) product (see http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//002100000040000000) installed - you'll see it when you look at your Windows programs and features list. I ask because if you do have this installed, there is a different installer you should run for the ArcGIS Editor for OSM - e.g., the one called "ArcGIS_Editor_OSM_10_1Desktop_64_BackgroundGP". If not installed, then the other one "ArcGIS_Editor_OSM_10_1Desktop" should be used.

If you still have the problem after looking at these, let me know!

Christine
Jun 27, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Hi Christine. My apologies for my late reply... just got back to working on this project again. So I do open the tool through the Toolboxes interface. I'm not on the machine with OSM Editor installed, but I'm pretty sure I don't have the Background Geoprocessing version installed. I'll check to see which version I have installed for sure. Thanks for your help!

Jesse
Oct 23, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Hello,

I am having the same issue describe by Jesse. When I try to use the upload osm data tool, there are no text boxes for adding my OSM username and password under OSM Login Credentials. I already looked at the ArcGIS 10.1 for Desktop—Background Geoprocessing (64-bit) product and tried the tool with both the regular ArcGIS_Editor_OSM_10_1Desktop and reinstalled the ArcGIS Editor of OSM for 64 bit with the background processing patch and the OSM login credentials boxes do not show up in either case.

Please let me know if there are some other possible fixes for this. I have a fair amount of data i have created that I would like to upload back to OSM.

Thanks,
Steve
Coordinator
Oct 23, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Hello Steve,
Thanks for describing what you have installed - what operating system are you using? As you see earlier in this thread, this is not a known issue and we've had difficulty reproducing, but I have seen this behavior from time to time so we'd like to nail it down.

Christine
Oct 24, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Hi Christine,

I am running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. Let me know if there is any other info I can provide that will help.

Thanks,
Steve