DriveGeneric.xlm characteristics

Mar 15, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Hi,

since a while I'm trying to do some network analysis with OSM data.
Today it came to my attention, that the routing is false.
I used the DriveGeneric.xml file and I am wondering if there is any rule that says on whih roadside your driving on. I'm doing the routing for Brandenburg in Germany, but the searching for a route is always for the lef side, as you are driving in England. For example the route leads to a motorway, but I choose the other side (see picture), so that for me it is the false side to drive on.
Am I right?
If yes, do I have any influance on this?

It would be great if you could help me!

Best regards,
Weronika

Mar 16, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I've tried to find a solution for this problem, but I couldn't.
I cannot even explain to me why the routing seems to be built for left side driving.

Unfortunately I'm running out of time to do my analysis.
I would be grateful if you could help me.

Thanks a lot,
Weronika
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Hello Weronika,
My suspicion is that perhaps there is something in the data that is triggering the false side of the routing; when you look at the DriverGeneric.xml, there is no part of the configuration that defines the side of the road that should be used - that information comes from the data. I will check also with our dev team too. Can you send the coordinates for Brandenburg where you are seeing this? Does this behavior show in other parts of Germany?

Many thanks,

Christine
Mar 18, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Hi,

I just solved the problem.
I replaced the code in the DriveGeneric.xml file for "Oneways".

There ist a definition for "Oneways" that says "From-To" and "To-From". So I exchange the part <![CDATA[ ...... ]]> and saved a new XML-File.
And it workd. Now the routing for the "Oneways" is on the right side of the road.
The other streets are not relevant for this, because you can drive it in both ways.
So I think this solution is good.

Thakns anyway!

Best regards,
Weronika

![Image]http://www.bilder-space.de/bild-quellcodejpg-1897.htm