64-bit Identifiers

Mar 14, 2013 at 3:50 PM
On 9th of February, 2013, node identifiers surpassed 2,147,483,647 (231 − 1), which is the highest number that can be stored as a 32-bit signed integer. Software that uses such variables will break, so it is important that everyone has latest versions of every tool in their toolchains.

Does ArcGISEditorforOSM v2.0 tools can store a 64-bit signed integer ?

If I have to install the ArcGISEditorforOSM v2.1, does this version works with ArcGIS Editor 10.0 ?

Best regards,
Mar 14, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Hello tonyemery,
You are correct, the ArcGIS Editor for OSM version 2.0 - compatible with ArcGIS 10 - does not include support for the 64 bit node IDs. The version 2.1 that was released does not include an installer for ArcGIS 10; only 10.1. However, our team did develop a version compatible with 10 that included support for the 64 bit node IDs and also the create network dataset tools. It wasn't as thoroughly tested as the 10.1 release, but I ran it through some testing the past two days and found it to be stable. I've posted it as a release candidate compatible with ArcGIS 10.0, here:

If you're running into errors related to the 32 bit integer limit, then uninstalling your ArcGIS Editor for OSM version 2.0 for 10.0 and installing this release candidate on ArcGIS 10.0 should address the problem.

I'll put a notice on the project home page too. Thanks for contacting us about this!