Unable to enable ArcGIS Editor for OpenStreetmap Toolbox

Jan 15, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Hi,

I've recently installed ArcGIS Editor for OpenStreetmap on my desktop which is running ArcGIS 10.1 and while following the instructions have been unable to get it functional.

The install runs through without a hitch but then when I browse through to C:\Program Files (x86)\ESRI\OSMEditor there is no toolbox file only a folder labelled 'Bin' containing these files:

osm_domains.xml, OSMClassExtension.dll, OSMEditor.dll, OSMFeatuerProperties.xml, OSMGeoProcessing.dll and OSMUtilities.dll.

Any help resolving this matter will be greatly appreciated as I am keen to do some work with the OSM datasets. I can imagine there's something monumentally obvious I'm missing so please point it out.

Thanks.

Coordinator
Jan 15, 2013 at 4:20 PM

In ArcGIS 10.1, the ArcGIS Editor for OSM is installed in the System Toolboxes. To get there, open the Catalog window in ArcMap and expand the "Toolboxes" node. The "System Toolboxes" will be there, and when you expand that, the OpenStreetMap Toolbox should be present.

Christine

Jan 15, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Thank you so much for your quick reply. Solved my problem, I'll try not to be so oblivious in the future :)

Coordinator
Jan 15, 2013 at 5:58 PM

No worries! Someone else will have the same problem, see this thread, and be thankful you asked. Thanks for letting us know that you're up and running now!

Christine