How to resolve warnings: Layer is being published with custom class extension ?

Dec 23, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Hi,

I've downloaded and symbolized OSM Data with 2.1 in Desktop 10.1. Now I'm trying to publish this map to ArcGIS Server 10.1. The service editor shows me warnings like the following:

SEVERITY STATUS CODE DESCRIPTION NAME TYPE DATA FRAME
High Unresolved 20019 Layer is being published with custom class extension Aerialway Lines Layer Map

Ignoring these warnings results in a useless map without OSM Layers.

Question: How to make sure that the appropriate class extension is registered on the server?

Any ideas?

Regards,

RL

Mar 6, 2013 at 8:49 AM
So, even with a new system and installation it's still not possible to publish a map containing ArcGIS Editor for Openstreetmap layers to a server.
Layer is being published with custom class extension ....
The result is a map without Openstreetmap elements imported and visualized with the ArcGIS Editor for Openstreetmap.

There was no such problem with the previous version for ArcGIS 10.

Any assistence would be appreciated

Regards,
RL
Coordinator
Mar 6, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Edited Mar 6, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Hello RL,
Have you run the "Remove OSM Editor Extension" tool (described further in the Tools help http://esriosmeditor.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Tools) on the dataset before attempting to publish the layers? Running that tool should remove the OSM custom class extension parts that result in the errors of the map. Your data should remain intact and unchanged after running this tool; it just takes some of the hooks off of the dataset that are tracking revisions for uploading back to OSM.

Of course, this means you'd need to run the "Add OSM Editor Extension" tool if after publishing to the server you wanted to Upload edits on the dataset back to OSM through ArcGIS Desktop.

Let me know if this helps. Thanks!

Christine
Mar 12, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Thanks for the hint. I'm quite sure that I've never run that tool. However your tip solved this particular case. Unfortunately my project encounters another new error: The network dataset does not have a time zone attribute. I'll open e new discussion for that error.