severe Problem with 2.1 beta 3 - System.OutOfMemoryException

Oct 13, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Hi,

I have a problem with the beta 3 OSMGPFileLoader functionality. No such problem with the beta 2 version.

I always get a System.OutOfMemoryException message. The runtimelocalserver.exe*32 task ends up with using 4GB of memory. CONSERVE_MEMORY or NOT makes no difference.

.osm file is already shrunk down to a city size level of 400000 nodes.

No differences with SQLExpress, File Geodatabase or Personal Geodatabase (last one does not work at all - unable to create a revision table error)

Thanks and Regards,

RL

Oct 26, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Hi,

I have been experiencing same problem since I have installed Beta 3. My limit node number is somewhere between 150 000 and 200 000 nodes no matter what osm file is loaded.

SW:
Windows Server 2008 R2 all updates included, ArcGIS 10.1 + ArcGIS OpenStreetMap Toolbox 2.1 Beta 3

HW:
CPU       4 x Intel(R) i5-25000 3.3 GHz
RAM      16GB

Thanks and Regards,

Dav3

Developer
Oct 26, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Dav3,

what database are you using? We just checked in a potential fix and it's looking good so far, but we would like to do another round of testing.

Thanks,

- Thomas

Oct 28, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Hello Thomas,

I am using File Geodatabase.

Dav3

Coordinator
Oct 30, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Hello Dav3, 

We have fixed this in our next beta which we will release soon.  Thanks for reporting the issue!

eggwhites (christine)

May 21, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Hello
I have the same error using ArcGIS Editor for OSM 2.1 Final for 10.1

50000 nodes loaded...
100000 nodes loaded...
150000 nodes loaded...
200000 nodes loaded...
250000 nodes loaded...
300000 nodes loaded...
350000 nodes loaded...
400000 nodes loaded...
General error in the node loading routine (Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.).

I have W7 32bits and ArcGis 10.1. 3 Gb RAM
This OS should support OSM 2.1 without problem?
The file has 70 Mb is too much?

Thank you
Best regards
Filipe
Coordinator
May 22, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Hello Filipe,
There is a bug - see https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-osm-editor/issues/3 - that we've recently fixed and will be including in a release that will update the ArcGIS Editor for OSM 2.1 for 10.1. If you'd like to test our fix beforehand, I can probably get it to you. Let me know! Otherwise, we should be posting it soon.

Best Regards,

Christine
May 22, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Hello Christine

Thank you for your answer. Im trying to import using a java application, but I can test the update.

Thank you and congratulation for the excellent tool

Best wishes

Filipe

"consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail"

Warning

This e-mail is privileged, confidential and contains private information. If you believe that you received a misaddressed e-mail transmission, please return it to sender, notifying him/her of the miss delivery and delete, do not use, disclose or keep its contents. Any reading, retention, distribution or copying of this communication by any person other than its intended recipient is prohibited by Law.

De: eggwhites [email removed]
Enviada: quarta-feira, 22 de maio de 2013 01:25
Para: [email removed]
Assunto: Re: severe Problem with 2.1 beta 3 - System.OutOfMemoryException [esriosmeditor:399238]

Hello Filipe,
There is a bug - see https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-osm-editor/issues/3 - that we've recently fixed and will be including in a release that will update the ArcGIS Editor for OSM 2.1 for 10.1. If you'd like to test our fix beforehand, I can probably get it to you. Let me know! Otherwise, we should be posting it soon.

Best Regards,

Christine

Coordinator
May 22, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Excellent, thanks Filipe! Will you contact me through my codeplex user site (https://www.codeplex.com/site/users/view/eggwhites) with your email address so I can send the update to you via FTP?

Christine