Load OSM File tool ERROR

Jun 11, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Hello!

I try to open or convert .osm file from my HDD with Load OSM File Tool.

I get this error:

Executing: OSMGPFileLoader C:\1\USA\RI\OSM\rhode-island.osm CONSERVE_MEMORY C:\1\USA\RI\RI.gdb\RI\osm C:\1\USA\RI\RI.gdb\RI\osm\osm_osm_pt C:\1\USA\RI\RI.gdb\RI\osm\osm_osm_ln C:\1\USA\RI\RI.gdb\RI\osm\osm_osm_plyStart Time: Mon Jun 11 19:36:01 2012Counting elements in OSM file...Counted 611951 nodes, 62553 ways, and 207 relations.Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040301   at ESRI.ArcGIS.Geoprocessing.GPUtilitiesClass.IGPUtilities3_OpenDatasetFromLocation(String catalogPath)   at ESRI.ArcGIS.OSM.GeoProcessing.OSMGPFileLoader.Execute(IArray paramvalues, ITrackCancel TrackCancel, IGPEnvironmentManager envMgr, IGPMessages message)Failed to execute (OSMGPFileLoader).Failed at Mon Jun 11 19:36:04 2012 (Elapsed Time: 3,00 seconds)

I use ArcGis 10 sp 4.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Jun 13, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Hello Nule,

Thanks for notifying us on this. First thing for you to try in troubleshooting: sometimes ArcGIS geoprocessing tools don't "like" filepaths with numbers in them. I noticed that your output feature dataset location is 'C:\1\USA\RI\RI.gdb\RI\osm'.  I believe the folder named '1' might be throwing it off. If possible, will you make sure the folders in the filepath all begin with a letter, and then try again? Then please let us know if that is successful, or if you get an error again.

Christine

Jun 14, 2012 at 4:58 AM

Hello!

Unfortunately this does not help:

Executing: OSMGPFileLoader C:\A\USA\RI\OSM\rhodeisland.osm CONSERVE_MEMORY C:\A\USA\RI\RI.gdb\RI\osmtest C:\A\USA\RI\RI.gdb\RI\osmtest\osmtest_osm_pt C:\A\USA\RI\RI.gdb\RI\osmtest\osmtest_osm_ln C:\A\USA\RI\RI.gdb\RI\osmtest\osmtest_osm_plyStart Time: Thu Jun 14 08:56:45 2012Counting elements in OSM file...Counted 611951 nodes, 62553 ways, and 207 relations.Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040301   at ESRI.ArcGIS.Geoprocessing.GPUtilitiesClass.IGPUtilities3_OpenDatasetFromLocation(String catalogPath)   at ESRI.ArcGIS.OSM.GeoProcessing.OSMGPFileLoader.Execute(IArray paramvalues, ITrackCancel TrackCancel, IGPEnvironmentManager envMgr, IGPMessages message)Failed to execute (OSMGPFileLoader).Failed at Thu Jun 14 08:56:48 2012 (Elapsed Time: 3,00 seconds)

Developer
Jun 14, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Nule,

could you tell us how your calling the tool? Are you using the geoprocessing tools (through the user interface) inside of ArcMap or are you calling the tools in the context of a geoprocessing script?

The reason why I am asking is that looking at the parameters of the tool the load target of "C:\A\USA\RI\RI.gdb\RI\osmtest" is not a valid feature dataset. The validation routines inside the tool should catch that fact and for some reason they doen't. Which is a bug and we need to correct that.

For the time being please adjust the load target feature dataset to "C:\A\USA\RI\RI.gdb\RI" and the loading should complete.

- Thomas