Errors for "Download, Extract and Symbolize OSM Data"

Jun 8, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Got errors like to the following:

Object name is not a regular identifier for the underlying DBMS [Object name is not a regular identifier for the underlying DBMS[BS010.DBO.tub_osm_pt.osm_drink__club-mate]] (osm_drink__club-mate)
Object name is not a regular identifier for the underlying DBMS [Object name is not a regular identifier for the underlying DBMS[BS010.DBO.tub_osm_pt.osm_non-profit]] (osm_non-profit)
Invalid column definition [osm_recycling__electrical_appliances exceeds the maximum column name length of 31.] (osm_recycling__electrical_appliances)
Invalid column definition [osm_recycling__plastic_packaging exceeds the maximum column name length of 31.] (osm_recycling__plastic_packaging)

I don't need those objects but maybe others do.

Any ideas how to resolve these errors?

Thanks and Regards,

LR

Coordinator
Jun 8, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Hello LR,

Thanks for reporting this. A couple follow-up questions: 1) are you downloading to an Oracle SDE geodatabase?  There are known issues with the length of the column names (e.g., number of characters in a column name) with Oracle, see http://docs.oracle.com/html/B10537_01/ch3.htm#i170290.  This of course doesn't mean that the workaround is 'don't use Oracle'; but it does help us to pinpoint if that's the issue.  And 2) does your "Download, Extract and Symbolize OSM Data" process complete (even with the errors)?  The errors do not result in a failure for the process to complete, but do show up as attributes that didn't get added, correct?

Christine

Coordinator
Jun 14, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Note: A workaround for the error with the column character length would be to first run the tool with the target feature class location to be a staging file geodatabase; and then transfer to an enterprise instance afterwards.

Jun 18, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Hello eggwhites,

to answer your questions
1) I'm using Microsoft SQL 2008
2) The process completed without further errors except those missing attributes
Thanks and Regards,
LR