When i installed the OSM editor in ArcGIS 10, Still can not download OSM

May 12, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Hi, guys

I have a question to ask.

I would like to download the Openstreet Map by using ArcGIS. And I followed the Introductions

BUT, After installing the OSM editor 2.0version, My ArcGIS 10 is still as the same as it is before. Nothing change. Also, I can not find the Download and Symbolize tool 

Therefore, I still can not download any OSM data.

Anyone knows how to solve this problem? Please provide some help. Many thanks.

May 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I have worked out this problem myself.

The reason is we have got to find in Arc Catalog" Add-- Tool' then find the Open Street Map tool. This should be done with the ' Toolbox' button, not the ' system Toolbox' Button.

Then, lots of tools are available to use. Although there is not a tool named" Download and Symbolize Tool', there is a Download OSM tool and it works well. 

Hope this can help who have the same problem as me!!

May 14, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Hello Poppypoppy,

Thanks for detailing this.  A follow-up question regarding not finding the 'Download, Extract, and Symbolize' model: when you install the ArcGIS Editor for OSM tool to use in ArcGIS Desktop, you should be able to create a folder connection to the location where you installed the ArcGIS Editor for OSM (e.g., C:\Program Files (x86)\ESRI\OSMEditor). Then when that folder is expanded in your ArcCatalog window, you should be able to expand the 'Data' subfolder and see the OpenStreetMap Toolbox there.  When you browse to the toolbox this way, do you see the 'Download, Extract, and Symbolize' model?