Way to Export Instead of Upload?

May 24, 2011 at 2:52 PM

I recently used this with ARCGis... everything works very well, but is there a way to export the finished product to a .OSM file instead of uploading it to OSM?

Coordinator
May 24, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Hello caraticus,  Thanks for the feedback. There is an option to import but no, there is not yet a tool for exporting/saving as an .osm file.  If you'd like to see this functionality in the future, will you please log this feature enhancement on our Issue tracker page?  Also, please indicate if you'd want to export the changes only, or changes and other datasets into an osm file... use case is always helpful!

Jul 30, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Edited Jul 30, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I see there is now a "Export to OSM File" option.

http://esriosmeditor.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Tools&referringTitle=Documentation#Export to OSM File

Does this do what I was requesting back in May 2011?  I no longer have Arc on this computer so I cannot test it and there is not much in the documentation about it.  If so, could you please point me to any other documentation that may explain this feature in more detail?  Thanks!

Developer
Jul 31, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Yes,

this tool was created as a result of a user request. It does take the current osm feature dataset (incl. all edits) and generates a stand-alone osm file out of it.

Local edits, not yet reconciled with the server, will have negative OSM IDs and missing metadata information such a user name, user id, edit date etc.

- Thomas