Fatal Error on Upload

Oct 19, 2010 at 5:53 PM

During the upload of my edit to OSM, I got the following error (which was fatal and crashed ArcGIS):

---------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Desktop10.0\bin\ArcMap.exe

R6025

-pure virtual function call

-----------------------------------------------------------

To view what I was doing:

I downloaded an OSM XML file and loaded into a file geodatabase. I then symbolized the data in ArcMap. I added a an image an georeferenced it. I then edited values on the roads (change tiger reviewed code), added some buildings and parking lots. I save my edits and the ArcMap document. I then used the upload OSM data tool. I selected the proper revision table and started the upload. The process started and then failed.

I had this happen previously, but by changes did upload as verified by reviewing my change sets.

I did also see this error once while trying to load and OSM XML file into a geodatabase. But I reran it and it worked OK.

I'm running ArcView edition of ArcMap 10 in a Windows 7 computer.

Any ideas what might be going on here?

Developer
Nov 5, 2010 at 4:57 AM

John,

unfortunately it doesn't provide me enough information to give you a definite answer. If it does continue to happen please submit an issue ticket on this site such that we can keep track of the issue.

Thanks,

- Thomas

Nov 9, 2010 at 1:56 PM

I've encountered this error pretty often when working with the extension, sometimes during an active session (and thus crashing ArcMap), sometimes after closing the program. I believe the error usually appears after any other action has failed (errors like GetResponse timed out during up- or download, Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute when attempting to download, or Unable to save edits: cannot acquire a lock when attempting to save edits. If the error appears during upload, the content sometimes appears online, sometimes it does not, or only partly.

When working carefully though and avoiding edits that might not upload properly due to conflict between data online and edited data, the error did not show up. Thus it appears to me that other errors and/or failed actions trigger this particular fatal error.

I hope this gives you a better hint on what is happening...

Karl